Monday, April 7, 2008

Aspire the World!

"Aspire the world with our beautiful vision."


I found this in a bathroom stall in one of the art buildings.  I didn't really think much about it when I took the image. ( I take tons of pictures at once, i'm more focused on clear images rather than what the words say.)  But now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like this phrase is why I wanted to be an artist.  Art is so powerful and it's becoming more available because of the internet.  Art has such a vital part in my world and the world around me.  Normally I'm driven and hardworking, but every so often I feel defeated.  It's just hard to stay motivated when you know no one is watching.  I have to learn to want things for myself...trully.  Not because I want a good grade or I want to be the best.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be the best, I just can't let my own ambitions get me down, especially when I fall short.  

I just want people to look at my art, to interact with it and hear my voice.  My art is about the world I live in and the people in it....It's a little difficult when you're just MAKING and not showing. *sigh*

No comments: