Wednesday, January 23, 2008

welcome the blank canvas



"Why would you paint over art in an art building?? rude."
"quit bitching and make something new."
"True, but now we have a blank canvas."


This is a conversation I found on campus, in an art building, obviously.  I was truly sad to see all the old graffiti and writings leave with a fresh coat of white paint, but a blank canvas means a fresh start.  A new place and space for new conversations.  I often find myself wanting to trash old projects and forget they ever existed.  Eventually we fade out the old and make things better.  One thing can't stay the best and greatest forever, or nothing would ever change and progress.  anyways....welcome the blank canvas while still having remorse for your old work.  

ps- i apologize for my.  i know i know...there's no excuse.  but to make up for it my friend Sara found this hilarious video.  it's random, weird and funny...and if you don't appreciate it, then i don't know what you find entertaining.

From Billoon45:







3 comments:

Bizzy said...

dana i love your page! i love how its set up with the flat grey and the lighter shades of grey. I love your idea to connect women everywhere through the art and word of toilet stall grafitti. it's very original and i totally can relate to what these girls as well as your reflections on the comments have to say! thanks dane! i'll be sure to come back!

Surf Nightmares said...

Crit 3 is in reference to: http://www.itsjuststalltalk.blogspot.com/

Now this to me is a very good blog sight and in tune with the class. Her choice of content is appealing to both the mail and female viewer. Posting passing thoughts by women in a restroom, well that's just a great idea. I'm actually surprised at how some of them seem to have a touching sentiment.

The layout of her sight actually kept me reading and going through her posts. I want see what the next day brings. It's almost like getting into gossip in a way. Her content in addition to the layout works very well too. There are music links, art links, you tube links, etc. Overall, it is just an entertaining and enjoyable sight. Also, the use of darker colors gives the sight a "dirty feel" in a sense. You just sense that you going to get something good out of this blog!

I give her a hearty "Well Done!"

SC

Unknown said...

So i was taking a leak in Hopkins and i saw where someone had written (F)ART in black sharpie on the side of the stall. It made me think of your blog.